Friday, February 17, 2012

SAB Everyday Enchantment DSP amd Fresh Vintage Stamp Set


I LOVE Sale-a-Bration; it's the one time of year we get those FREEBIES that help stretch our dollars!  This is one of the cards my Hostess Club members are going to make this month.  I really am LOVING the new Framelits Stampin Up is now offering; thy're easy to use and make a project look fantastic!  You can't see it well, but after I finished the card, I sprayed it with Champagne Mist Shimmer paint mixed with 70% Rubbing Alcohol for some extra shimmer!

Supplies:
Stamp Set:  SAB Fresh Vintage
Cardstock: SAB Everyday Enchantment, Peach Parfait, Very Vanilla, and Baja Breeze.
Ink: Crumb Cake pad (used for sponging), Markers: Baja Breeze, Poppy Parade, Peach Parfait, and Lucky Limeade.
Accessories: Big Shot machine, Labels Collection Framelits, Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Peach Parfait 1/2"  Poly ribbon, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, Eyelet Border punch, Simply Scored tool, Stripes Embossing folder, Finial Press Embossing Folder, Pearls, Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Sticky Strip, and SNAIL.

To make the DSP pleated paper ribbon on the bottom of the card, I cut a strip of DSP measuring 1 1/2" x 12", then I used the Simply Scored tool to score it as follows: 3/4", 1", 1 3/4", 2", 2 3/4", 3", 3 3/4", etc...until I finished at 11 3/4" .  After I scored it, I punched one edge with the Eyelet Border punch. then folded at the score lines to get the pleated look.  I held it together, and applied it to the card, with Sticky Strip.

Have a great weekend and contact me if you live in Albuquerque and would like to join one of my Hostess Clubs or if you have any questions about today's project!

3 comments:

  1. I love the fresh colors of your card and especially am drawn to the beautiful pleated border! I pinned your card to my Pinterest board :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your card is very pretty. I too have just become a demo and I started my hand at the blogging too. Your's is pretty cool.
    Check out mine still trying to learn to blog.
    www.stampinatthemall.typepad.com
    keep up the good work.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela & thanks for visiting! Good luck with your blog and welcome to Stampin Up!

      Delete